The Wimborne Town Crier - Self Directed Project

A very warm hello to my friends, followers and blog observers...This blog is to record, showcase, and share my work and learning processes throughout my 'Self Directed Project'. For this project I have been asked by Chris Brown the Wimborne Town Crier if I can realise an 18th Century design which will become his new crying costume as of June 2010. I will be sharing all my triumphs and challenges a long the way and self reflecting/evaluating as I go. Please view my attached learning agreement for more information on the project and what it is I aspire to achieve.

Monday 17 May 2010

Week 10 Review

The trimmings and decoration have ARRIVED!!!! The excitement Kelly and myself experienced the morning the package was delivered was actually deafening but yes all of the decoration is now with us and it looks even more exquisite in the flesh, we are both really pleased and we know Chris and Eddie will be excited to see it all. The decoration has come from Fucotex and wasn't that cheap, not cheap at all actually, but it's here now and it really is going to finish both costumes beautifully. Imagining them both finished with all the trimmings is what has been keeping me going this week. I fell ill again over the weekend and as a last and reluctant resort have accepted the offer of a weeks extension from Adele. I really didn't want this extension, especially as I had managed to get myself back on track the last time, but realistically speaking I've unfortunately had too much time out of the project due to illness and there is no chance of it being finished for the original deadline. This has really got me down this week knowing that I can't progress enough to get it finished, however I'm seeing it as a blessing in disguise as at the end of the day this is a very important costume which is being funded by the university and it will be what my client has been wanting for a long time now. So I no longer want to let the timeframe interfere with what I'm doing. Technically I have until the beginning of July to get the costume completely finished and I think it's entirely necessary for me to use that time wisely is order to produce the perfect costume and provide exactly what has been asked of me to a high standard. I've also told myself that looking back on the past 9 weeks, I've learned so much and practiced skills I already have, yes this week has been a bit of a blow and I've encountered some problems a long the way which have unfortunately compromised the project a little. I now have one more week until I submit this unit and I'm going to work as best I can to hand in exactly what I intended on handing in, however both Graham and Rebecca have told me this must not be rushed and I think it is wise to take their advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment