The Wimborne Town Crier - Self Directed Project

A very warm hello to my friends, followers and blog observers...This blog is to record, showcase, and share my work and learning processes throughout my 'Self Directed Project'. For this project I have been asked by Chris Brown the Wimborne Town Crier if I can realise an 18th Century design which will become his new crying costume as of June 2010. I will be sharing all my triumphs and challenges a long the way and self reflecting/evaluating as I go. Please view my attached learning agreement for more information on the project and what it is I aspire to achieve.

Monday 15 March 2010

Week 1 Review

This week has been a good initial start to the project. I've managed to collect a lot of relevant research to get me started confidentally. I've revisited the early 18th century and now understand exactly what sort of thing I will be creating for my client. I've had my first meeting with Chris Brown which was highly successful and devised my schedule for the next 8 weeks or so. Knowing what my client wants/needs/requires from this project, I'm feeling fairly confident about being organised and sticking to a strict schedule.If there's one thing I've learned from previous projects, it's that I'm not a very good example of successful time management. This week has already opened my eyes to the fact this project is not only important to myself and the client but also to the university and the community. I've really got to throw all of my passion and time into this project now. I know I'm a perfectionist when it comes to producing work but I think the next 8 weeks are going to perfect my precision and tailoring skills to a new level..fingers crossed..let's go!

No comments:

Post a Comment