The Wimborne Town Crier - Self Directed Project

A very warm hello to my friends, followers and blog observers...This blog is to record, showcase, and share my work and learning processes throughout my 'Self Directed Project'. For this project I have been asked by Chris Brown the Wimborne Town Crier if I can realise an 18th Century design which will become his new crying costume as of June 2010. I will be sharing all my triumphs and challenges a long the way and self reflecting/evaluating as I go. Please view my attached learning agreement for more information on the project and what it is I aspire to achieve.

Sunday 28 March 2010

Week 3 Review

This week has been an horrific week!!!! Paid a visit to the doctors on Monday morning and they confirmed Tonsilitus..GREAT!! (or not) Luckily I managed to cut all my Calico pieces for my toile last Friday so when I'm feeling well enough it shouldn't take me too long to put it all together. However I'm supposed to be starting my work placement at the Exeter Northcott Theatre tomorrow morning and it's looking very unlikely that I'll be there for 9am. Have contacted the wardrobe supervisor warning her of my current situation/condition and she has very nicely said to make my way when I'm feeling 100% again. She's advised I have a weeks rest and make my way up there for next Monday so the next few days are going to have to be played by ear but I'm keeping everything crossed that I can wake up in the morning and feel right as rain again.
I also missed out on the Alice In Wonderland Parade on Tuesday. I'm wearing one of the costumes for the end of year show so I was totally gutted that I couldn't participate in that this week. On the upside though, I have all my work with me (I'm now at home in Cornwall as my Mum thought it was best for me to come home - and of course Mum's know best) so I can use my sewing machine here and whizz up my toile so it's all ready for my first fitting when I return to uni after Easter. The only thing I've learnt from this week is that Tonsilitus is highly inconvenient and I'm not going to get this week back to catch up :( So any moment where I feel even the slightest bit better will be spent doing as much work as I can in order to get back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment