The Wimborne Town Crier - Self Directed Project

A very warm hello to my friends, followers and blog observers...This blog is to record, showcase, and share my work and learning processes throughout my 'Self Directed Project'. For this project I have been asked by Chris Brown the Wimborne Town Crier if I can realise an 18th Century design which will become his new crying costume as of June 2010. I will be sharing all my triumphs and challenges a long the way and self reflecting/evaluating as I go. Please view my attached learning agreement for more information on the project and what it is I aspire to achieve.

Monday 12 April 2010

Week 5 Review - EASTER BREAK

Ok so it's exactly one week tomorrow until the first toile fitting. I'm still very much unwell and feeling far from healthy which is why I'm not returning to uni for the first day of term tomorrow. I have spoken to Kelly and told her I won't be around but she is feeling pretty confident about getting her toile ready anyway so that's all ok. I've put the majority of my toile together now, just got the sleeves and a cuff to prepare. But I'm hoping I'll be well enough to return to Bournemouth mid-week or so, so there will be plenty of time for me to get everything ready for the fitting. Reflecting on the unfortunate happenings and inconvenience of the past few weeks I've learnt that anything can go wrong or interfere with something at any time and there is no way you can be prepared for it. So I've definitely figured that even though I'm behind schedule now and haven't been able to carry out much project work over the Easter break, I've still managed to try my best to accomplish as much as possible and as a result am still feeling confident that I can make this costume to a high standard reflecting the requirements of the client. Blood tests have confirmed Galndular Fever and I'll undoubtedly be suffering with it for a minimum of 12 weeks, but if I look after myself (which means no stress, no alcohol, and no lacking sleep) and pace myself wisely for the remainding duration of the project I will hopefully be able to meet the intended deadline with an almost finished costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment