The Wimborne Town Crier - Self Directed Project

A very warm hello to my friends, followers and blog observers...This blog is to record, showcase, and share my work and learning processes throughout my 'Self Directed Project'. For this project I have been asked by Chris Brown the Wimborne Town Crier if I can realise an 18th Century design which will become his new crying costume as of June 2010. I will be sharing all my triumphs and challenges a long the way and self reflecting/evaluating as I go. Please view my attached learning agreement for more information on the project and what it is I aspire to achieve.

Sunday 18 April 2010

Week 6 Review

This week has been hectic yet productive. I managed to get back on track with getting my toile completely finished and ready for the fitting in plenty of time. The good thing about this costume is that there aren't that many seams to sew together as yet so getting it together took no time at all really. Working alongside Kelly this week has been a big learning curve. We've had to make sure that both costumes are in proportion with one another and that they are exactly the same cut. Seeing as Chris has a fuller figure I made sure that I allowed extra so that hopefully the only adjustments that will need to be made during the fitting are the odd bits of 'taking in'. I've also had quite a lot of contact with Chris this week which has been helpful. The odd minor yet vital information that I have needed is now all logged in black and white and so hopefully there won't be too many queries during the fitting on Tuesday. Origianlly I planned to fit Chris myself with no assistance at his house on Monday evening, however I later agreed with Graham that it would be best to have him assist me with it at the studio in case of any issues occuring. Over the past couple of days I managed to collect some more relevant research to show to Chris and I'm now fully prepared for Tueday's fitting session.

No comments:

Post a Comment